- 1. use or expend carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose: "we can't afford to waste electricity" synonyms antonyms
- 2. (of a person or a part of the body) become progressively weaker and more emaciated: "she was visibly wasting away" synonyms antonyms
- 1. (of a material, substance, or byproduct) eliminated or discarded as no longer useful or required after the completion of a process: "ensure that waste materials are disposed of responsibly" synonyms antonyms
- 2. (of an area of land, typically in a city or town) not used, cultivated, or built on: "a patch of waste ground" synonyms antonyms
- 1. an act or instance of using or expending something carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose: "it's a waste of time trying to argue with him" synonyms
- 2. material that is not wanted; the unusable remains or byproducts of something: "bodily waste" synonyms
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Waste definition, to consume, spend, or employ uselessly or without adequate return; use to no avail or profit; squander: to waste money; to waste words. See more.
Waste is most commonly a verb. If you waste time, money, or energy, you use it on something that is unimportant or unnecessary. You can also say that something is a waste of time, money, or energy. Waste also refers to material that has been used and is no longer wanted, for example because the useful part has been removed.
Kids Definition of waste (Entry 2 of 3) 1 : to spend or use carelessly or uselessly 2 : to lose or cause to lose weight, strength, or energy His muscles were wasting away from lack of use.
What does waste mean? waste is defined by the lexicographers at Oxford Dictionaries as Use or expend carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose...
waste noun (BAD USE) B1 [ S or U ] an unnecessary or wrong use of money, substances, time, energy, abilities, etc.: That meeting achieved absolutely nothing - it was a complete waste of time. She's been unemployed for two years and it's such a waste of her talents.
Permissive waste is an injury caused by an omission, rather than an affirmative act, on the part of the tenant. This type of waste might occur, for example, if a tenant permits a house to fall into disrepair by not making reasonable maintenance repairs.
Waste (or wastes) are unwanted or unusable materials. Waste is any substance which is discarded after primary use, or is worthless, defective and of no use. A by-product by contrast is a joint product of relatively minor economic value.
Definition of Waste Management. What Is Waste Management? The concept of waste management involves the collection, removal, processing, and disposal of materials considered waste. Waste materials can be solid, gaseous, liquid, or even hazardous and are generally generated through human activity.
05/05/2016 · Legal definition of waste guidance How to decide if a material is waste or not – advice for organisations such as businesses, local authorities and charities. Published 5 May 2016
Define waste disposal. waste disposal synonyms, waste disposal pronunciation, waste disposal translation, English dictionary definition of waste disposal. Removing and destroying or storing damaged, used or other unwanted domestic, agricultural or industrial products and substances.