- 1. make it easier for (someone) to do something by offering one's services or resources: "she helped him find a buyer" synonyms antonyms
- 2. serve someone with (food or drink): "she helped herself to a cookie"
- 1. the action of helping someone to do something; assistance: "I asked for help from my neighbors" synonyms antonyms
- 1. used as an appeal for urgent assistance: "Help! I'm drowning!"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Help definition is - to give assistance or support to. How to use help in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of help.
Help definition, to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need; contribute strength or means to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist: He planned to help me with my work.
1. 'help' as a transitive verb. If you help someone, you make something easier for them. When help has this meaning, it can be followed by an infinitive, with or without to. For example, you can say 'I helped him to move the desk' or 'I helped him move the desk'.
What does help mean? help is defined by the lexicographers at Oxford Dictionaries as Make it easier or possible for (someone) to do something by offering them one's services or resources...
help definition: 1. to make it possible or easier for someone to do something, by doing part of the work yourself or…. Learn more.
The definition of help is aid that you request, or is someone who provides assistance. An example of help is what you are asking for when you ask your neighbor to get your mail. An example of help is someone who goes out of his way to aid you.
Synonyms for help at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Find descriptive alternatives for help.
A help desk, in the context of IT, is a department inside an organization that is responsible for answering the technical questions of its users. Most major IT companies have set up help desks to respond to questions from their customers. The questions and their answers are usually transferred using e-mail, telephone, website, or online chat.
Get help If you think you may be an abuser If you are concerned that you or someone you know may be an abuser, there is support available. Respect : a helpline for domestic abuse perpetrators that ...
No other dictionary matches M-W's accuracy and scholarship in defining word meanings. Our pronunciation help, synonyms, usage and grammar tips set the standard. Go beyond dictionary lookups with Word of the Day, facts and observations on language, lookup trends, and wordplay from the editors at Merriam-Webster Dictionary.