- 1. in the direction that one is facing or traveling; toward the front: "he started up the engine and the car moved forward" synonyms
- 2. onward so as to make progress; toward a successful conclusion: "there's no way forward for the relationship" synonyms antonyms
- 1. directed or facing toward the front or the direction that one is facing or traveling: "forward flight" synonyms antonyms
- 2. relating to or concerned with the future: "a twelve-month forward forecast" synonyms
- 1. an attacking player in basketball, hockey, or other sports.
- 2. short for forward contract
- 1. send (a letter or email) on to a further destination: "my emails were forwarded to a friend" synonyms
- 2. help to advance (something); promote: "the scientists are forwarding the development of biotechnology" synonyms
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
noun an email that has been sent to one recipient and then forwarded to another. (in American football) a lineman.
forward 1. To cause (something) to be conveyed to a destination: 2. To cause to move forward or upward, as toward a goal:
Definition of forward (Entry 4 of 4) : a player who plays at the front the team's formation near the opponent's goal a forward in hockey
Forward means in a position near the front of something such as a building or a vehicle. The best seats are in the aisle and as far forward as possible. The other car had a 3-inch lower driving seat and had its engine mounted further forward. Forward is also an adjective.
"forward" in English. forward adverb (DIRECTION) B1 towards the direction that is in front of you: She leaned forward to whisper something in my ear. She leaned forward to stroke the dog but quickly drew back when she saw its teeth. She moved her castle forward three squares. Come forward a bit and stand on the line.
Top definition. forward. a positive characteristic; someone who is unreserved, friendly, bold, and sociable. you could even say they are extroverted. it's also the opposite of backward. the weird janitor kid has a crush on her.
Forwarded definition, toward or at a place, point, or time in advance; onward; ahead: to move forward; from this day forward; to look forward. See more.
A forward rate is an interest rate applicable to a financial transaction that will take place in the future. Forward rates are calculated from the spot rate and are adjusted for the cost of carry to determine the future interest rate that equates the total return of a longer-term investment with a strategy of rolling over a shorter-term investment.
Key Takeaways A forward contract is a customizeable derivative contract between two parties to buy or sell an asset at a specified price on a future date. Forward contracts can be tailored to a specific commodity, amount and delivery date. Forward contracts do not trade on a centralized exchange ...
A foreword is a (usually short) piece of writing sometimes placed at the beginning of a book or other piece of literature. Typically written by someone other than the primary author of the work, it often tells of some interaction between the writer of the foreword and the book's primary author or the story the book tells.