- 1. give food to: "the raiders fed the guard dog to keep it quiet" synonyms:
- 2. cause to move gradually and steadily, typically through a confined space: "make holes through which to feed the cables"
- 1. an act of giving food, especially to animals or a baby, or of having food given to one: "I've just given the horse her feed"
- 2. a device or conduit for supplying material to a machine: "the plotter has a continuous paper feed"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
See more synonyms for feed on Thesaurus.com. verb (used with object), fed, feed·ing. to give food to; supply with nourishment: to feed a child. to yield or serve as food for: This land has fed 10 generations. to provide as food. to furnish for consumption. to satisfy; minister to; gratify: Poetry feeds the imagination.
2. to give as food: to feed meat to the cat. 3. (intr) to eat food: the horses feed at noon. 4. to provide food for: these supplies can feed 10 million people. 5. to provide what is necessary for the existence or development of: to feed one's imagination. 6. to gratify; satisfy: to feed one's eyes on a beautiful sight.
d: the act or process of feeding a signal (such as an audio or video transmission) to a station for broadcast also: the signal being fed a live satellite feed
If a machine or furnace is fed with materials or fuel, or if the materials or fuel feed into the machine or furnace, the materials or fuel flow or move forwards into it.
The World's most comprehensive professionally edited abbreviations and acronyms database All trademarks/service marks referenced on this site are properties of their ...
A Front End Engineering and Design (FEED, or Front End Engineering (FEE) or Front End Loading (FEL)) is a type of the design and engineering document that is developed based on a conceptual engineering or pre-FEED results.
feed into (something) 1. Literally, to insert or input something into something, such as a machine. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "feed" and ...
Technical definition. "Publishing a feed" and "syndication" are two of the more common terms used to describe making a feed available for an information source such as a blog. Web feed content, like syndicated print newspaper features or broadcast programs, may be shared and republished by other websites.
Front-end engineering. Front-End Engineering (FEE), or Front-End Engineering Design (FEED), is an engineering design approach used to control project expenses and thoroughly plan a project before a fix bid quote is submitted. It may also be referred to as Pre-project planning (PPP), front-end loading (FEL), feasibility analysis, or early project planning.
FEED stands for Front End Engineering Design. The FEED is basic engineering which comes after the Conceptual design or Feasibility study. The FEED design focuses the ...