- 1. the rear surface of the human body from the shoulders to the hips: "he lay on his back"
- 2. the side or part of something that is away from the spectator or from the direction in which it moves or faces; the rear: "at the back of the hotel is a secluded garden" synonyms antonyms
- 1. toward the rear; in the opposite direction from the one that one is facing or traveling: "she moved back a pace" synonyms antonyms
- 2. expressing a return to an earlier or normal condition: "she put the book back on the shelf"
- 1. give financial, material, or moral support to: "he had a newspaper empire backing him" synonyms antonyms
- 2. cover the back of (an object) in order to support, protect, or decorate it: "a mirror backed with tortoiseshell"
- 1. of or at the back of something: "the back garden" synonyms antonyms
- 2. (especially of wages or something published or released) from or relating to the past: "she was owed back pay" synonyms antonyms
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Back definition, the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine. See more.
Back definition is - the rear part of the human body especially from the neck to the end of the spine. How to use back in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of back.
1. the rear part of the human body, from the neck to the end of the spine. 2. the part of the body of animals corresponding to the human back. 3. the rear portion of any part of the body: the back of the head. 4. the part opposite to or farthest from the front; rear: the back of a hall.
back definition: 1. in, into, or towards a previous place or condition, or an earlier time: 2. in return: 3. in…. Learn more.
back-to-back definition: 1. happening one after another, without interruption: 2. close together and facing in opposite…. Learn more.
Back-and-forth definition is - discussion, give-and-take; also : exchange. How to use back-and-forth in a sentence.
Despite their seemingly invisible presence, back-office personnel provide essential functions to the business. The back office is an essential part of any firm and associated job titles are often ...
Define go back. go back synonyms, go back pronunciation, go back translation, English dictionary definition of go back. vb 1. to return 2. to originate : the links with France go back to the Norman Conquest. 3. to change one's mind about; repudiate 4. to be set to an earlier...
A business definition of backhaul is the commercial wholesale bandwidth provider who offers quality of service (QOS) guarantees. It appears most often in telecommunications trade literature in this sense, whereby the backhaul connection is defined not technically but by who operates and manages it, and who takes legal responsibility for the connection or uptime .
The verb form is "back up" (a phrasal verb), whereas the noun and adjective form is "backup". Backups have two distinct purposes. The primary purpose is to recover data after its loss, be it by data deletion or corruption.