- 1. move forward in a purposeful way: "the troops advanced on the capital" synonyms antonyms
- 2. make or cause to make progress: "our knowledge is advancing all the time" synonyms antonyms
- 1. a forward movement: "the rebels' advance on Madrid was well under way" synonyms
- 2. a development or improvement: "genuine advances in engineering techniques" synonyms
- 1. done, sent, or supplied beforehand: "advance notice" synonyms
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Advance definition is - to accelerate the growth or progress of. How to use advance in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of advance.
Advance definition, to move or bring forward: The general advanced his troops to the new position. See more.
Unlike advance, advancement often implies the existence of an agent or outside force. Thus the advance of science means simply "the progress of science," whereas the advancement of science implies progress resulting from the action of an agent or force: The purpose of the legislation was the advancement of science.
Advanced definition, placed ahead or forward: with one foot advanced. See more.
Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. For offline access, download our app. It includes an additional 116,000 spoken example sentences plus a ‘Practise your Pronunciation’ feature. OALD for iOS OALD for Android
advance definition: 1. to go or move something forward, or to develop or improve something: 2. to pay someone some…. Learn more.
Define advanced. advanced synonyms, advanced pronunciation, advanced translation, English dictionary definition of advanced. adj. 1. Highly developed or complex. 2 ...
An advance payment is a type of payment made ahead of its normal schedule such as paying for a good or service before you actually receive it. Advance payments are sometimes required by sellers as ...
Advanced definition is - far on in time or course. How to use advanced in a sentence.
Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com - the largest and most trusted free online dictionary for learners of English. Quickly find clear definitions and audio pronunciations of words.